Divest Merge Acquire’s transaction advisory network is at the forefront nationally in the sale and acquisition of businesses in the $1M-$50M+ range.
Divest Merge Acquire’s direct marketing system is so effective that it is utilised by other M&A advisory firms under a generic brand, MNA Direct. It is being used to market going concern businesses and impaired assets, as well as acquisition searches.
This high level of utilisation ensures information is constantly being updated for investor preferences and requirements.
Here is a summary of Divest Merge Acquire’s key advantages.
1. UNRIVALLED MARKETING RESOURCE
ACTIVE M&A DATABASE – THE SPECIFICATION
- Developed to define market (Aus & NZ business with > 10 employees);
- Contains 190,000 companies, individuals and contacts;
- Actively maintained and current;
- Key data on each company and individual (across 90+ active fields and hundreds of unique attributes);
- Categorised by relevant industry SIC Codes;
- Online accumulated history and investment parameters for active purchasers.
- Readily searchable and actionable contact points by particular industries, regions or groups;
- Current, relevant data available now;
- Ability to readily determine each target organisation’s M&A aspirations;
- Unprecedented database accuracy and usefulness which increases with regular activity.
EFFECTIVE DIRECT MARKETING PROCESS
- Client marketing process includes sending letters or emails to 1,000-3,000 companies targeted by industry (SIC classification);
- Marketing activities deliver an average of 40 targeted prospective purchasers for each business opportunity taken to market.
- Dramatically increases the likelihood of success and of competition among bidders;
- Accounts for more than 80% of all transactions completed by Divest Merge Acquire.
- 17,000+ subscribers to Divest Merge Acquire’s monthly e-newsletter;
- 1,800+ connections/followers on Twitter and Linkedin; and growing;
- Regular targeted and general mailouts and emails to database.
- Divest Merge Acquire is recognised as a leader in its M&A market;
- Divest Merge Acquire’s team has keen market focus and proven ability to get in front and stay there.
2. PROFESSIONAL NETWORK
TEAM OF EXPERIENCED AND QUALIFIED ADVISORS
- Experienced team of advisors throughout Australia;
- Chartered Accountants and industry executives;
- Dedicated marketing and administration support teams.
- Strong networks with professional buyer/seller groups;
- Accumulated skills and experience across a broad range of industry sectors;
- Ability to optimise all aspects of the outcome for clients.
STRONG ACTIVE REFERRAL BASE
- Many active referrors from professional services firms: accountants, lawyers, financiers, finance brokers, and insurers; former clients, prospective purchasers etc.
- Referrals from accountants, lawyers, financiers and insurers;
- Creates a secondary network to match investors and prospective buyers and sellers of businesses;
- Affirms the quality of Divest Merge Acquire’s professional services.
3. REPORTING AND SYSTEMS DOCUMENTED PROCESSES
- Online tracking of client projects;
- Documented processes for divestments, acquisitions and capital raising;
- Approx. 145 activities grouped into 10 stages for each process;
- Developed from best practices accumulated over 14 year period.
- High degree of client service and higher quality service delivery;
- Leverage – steps can be completed by admin/marketing team members;
- High efficiency of service delivery.
DETAILED REPORTING AND CLIENT MANAGEMENT
- Online sign off for work done by responsible team member;
- Status of work flow and deliverables can be reviewed online at any time by team members;
- Documentation of deliverables and work retained and archived;
- User manual (including online access for Member Firms);
- Detailed reporting to clients of project status – options of online or periodic eg weekly.
- Effective client project management and client service;
- Ease of communication of status with client;
- Closed file documentation on all engagements is retained for risk control but available as a learning tool (eg. industry knowledge, lessons learned);
- High client awareness, confidence and retention.
EXTENSIVE TEMPLATES AND PROCEDURES
- Online user manual containing more than 1,500 procedures, autotexts, templates and checklists.
- Efficient, reliable and consistent execution of processes and activities.