Mike has been involved in transactions over 25 years wearing a variety of hats. His first experience of divestments was with PWC in London & Wellington selling trading receiverships. After covering the listed sector as a Stock Analyst, Mike had CFO roles in NZ that included exposure to acquisitions and capital raising. As a Shareholder & Director of a Wellington based diversified Financial Services Company, Mike was instrumental in the sale of that business to AXA in a roll up that created NZ’s largest Financial Services distribution network. He subsequently became a founding Director of that company, Advice First.
Since moving to Australia in 2010, he managed the acquisition and restructure of a Financial Services company by a listed entity before concentrating on M&A work in 2014. An excellent relationship builder with strong financial skills and a seasoned negotiator, Mike achieves superior outcomes for his clients.
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, Politics & Economics – Oxford University
- MBA – Massey University
- Chartered Accountant
- Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- PWC – Audit & Corporate Recovery – UK & NZ
- NatWest – Equity Analyst – ASX & NZX
- IT Sector – CFO roles – NZ
- Financial Services – NZ & Aus – Advisor, GM & Director
- Business Owner & Vendor
- Environmental/mining services – Aus – GM & CFO
- Business Sales – Aus – M&A Advisor