Fiona brings together 25 years in investment banking and corporate advisory with highly specialised experience in wealth management for high net worth families. Through roles with Citibank, ANZ Investment Bank and Midland Bank she has led client transactions across industries (including mining, utilities, renewable energy, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications) and geographies. She has a passion for helping clients “make it happen” and is expert in negotiation and risk management. Over the past 7 years she has been working closely with families of significant wealth to manage their wealth management through strategic planning, governance and independent investment advice.
Fiona brings an intimate understanding of the challenges facing families in business as the second generation of a privately owned national development and construction business.
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours) – Australian National University
- Masters of Fine Arts – Sotheby’s Institute & Manchester University
- Accredited Investment Advisor – Centre of Fiduciary Studies
- Graduate member of Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Head of Client Engagement, Head of Strategic Business Development & Product at Myer Family Company. Advised high net worth families on succession and business divestment, investment strategy and wealth management.
- COO at ANZ Investment Bank. Responsible for group strategy, operations, risk and reviewed and recommended new business ventures totalling in excess of $500m investment.
- Founded a private consulting business assisting SME business owners develop and implement a strategic plan with a view to succession or sale and long-term financial planning.
- As part of privately owned national property business, reviewed decisions relating to family succession, strategy, funding options, acquisition and divestment, and risk management.
- Director at ANZ Project & Structured Finance, Leveraged Finance and Private Equity. Led transactions ranging in value from $10m up to $1bn across industries including utilities, mining, renewable energy, telecommunications, satellites, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and agri-commerce.
BOARD AND COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
- Hindmarsh Group Advisory Board
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation – Australia
- Australian Institute of Art History
- Drummond Capital Partners Advisory Board
- Melbourne Grammar School Foundation
EXPERTISE AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Strategic planning
- Corporate advisory including mergers, acquisitions and divestment
- Negotiation and deal execution
- Funding solutions including debt, venture capital and private equity
- Produce development and strategic business development
- Family wealth strategy