- Master of Business Administration (Bond)
- Institute of Public Accountants: Fellow
- Institute of Financial Accountants: Fellow
Doug has seen firsthand the cost of badly executed corporate acquisitions or poorly planned growth strategies. For more than a decade he has advised financially distressed clients across a variety of industries (agri-business, resorts/ hospitality, mining services, retail, manufacturing, and construction), often assuming an interim CFO role until the business has been stabilised and returned to profitability.
He has also performed numerous due diligence reviews and business valuations to assist clients make informed M&A decisions.
Whilst most of his experience is with lower-middle market companies (annual revenues from $20 – $100 million) he has also assisted start-up and emerging companies across a range of industries to raise capital (private and IPO), manage working capital, and negotiate commercial agreements.
EXPERTISE AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Business and securities valuation
- Due diligence reviews (buy-side and sell-side)
- Financial analysis and modelling
- Capital raising
- Company turnaround and restructuring
- Corporate advisory to public listings (IPO)